My PhD project is titled The Golden Comb: A novel and critical analysis. I use the mythology and folklore of Lough Gur in Co. Limerick, specifically stories about Áine, to construct the plot of a contemporary, literary novel. The critical analysis aims to examine the use of mythology and folklore in contemporary and popular literature, and to establish an Irish-Puerto Rican connection through literature.
Other research interests include postcolonial and transnational theories, identity, and otherness.
- Introduction to Creative Writing – Module Leader
- Renaissance Literature – Tutor
- Introduction to Literary Theory – Tutor
- Critical Practice – Tutor
- State of the Union: American Literature since 1890 – Tutor